Date(s) - 11/08/2020
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
(old location) Weld Like A Girl
Please accept our apologies as our website is having issues. On some browsers, class times may be incorrect. This particular class meets from 2pm-6pm, despite what may appear on the registration screen. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
WELDING WORKSHOP FOR VETERANS
Weld Like a Girl™ would like to thank members of our Armed Services by offering a special workshop for veterans. Maybe you’re into yard art or making something creative. Maybe you believe you don’t have a lot of creativity but simply want to learn how to weld in order to build tables and fix stuff. Whatever your interest, we have the space and resources to help you meet those goals. This is a co-ed class.
There will be no charge to veterans for this class. Space is limited, however, and REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to receive the registration code to waive the registration fee seen below.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and in this case GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- This class is co-ed, like the military.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves, welding helmets and hearing protection.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered (no shorts or capris). T-shirts or tank tops are fine as you will be wearing a welding jacket on top.
- Water, tea and snacks will be provided.
Bookings are closed for this event.