Date(s) - 11/19/2023
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl™️ (main location)
Remember 1st grade? your handprints traced and cut out on thick card stock paper, complete with glued-on feathers, covered in paint… well, this is the modern version. 🙂
We will trace your handprint onto sheet metal and you will use a plasma cutter (light saber) to cut out the shape, then weld on “feathers” and other accessories. Seriously people, we are grateful for the opportunity to revisit a Thanksgiving tradition.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and GMAW (MIG welding). Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of no more than 10-12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- This class is co-ed.
- Children are permitted to register; so far, we have taught kids as young as 5 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 12 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered. T-shirts or tank tops are fine as you will be wearing a welding jacket on top.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.
* If you have a party of 4 or more, please contact us in advance for a family discount.
Log in if you already have an account with us.