Date(s) - 12/19/2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
This special class is for veterans and women transitioning out of the military. We will enjoy a full day of designing, cutting and welding steel. Participants will be taught how to weld a frame out of steel, in order to create something akin to a picture frame. Students are then encouraged to explore various shapes and bits of steel provided in the shop to fill in their frame and create a “snapshot” of where they are in their lives at present.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and in this case GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves, welding helmets and hearing protection.
- ATTIRE: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals)
- This class includes a catered lunch.
Please register through Workshops for Warriors: https://workshopsforwarriors.org/weld-like-a-girl/