Date(s) - 04/07/2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
bff blacksmiths/Miller Electric experts from Iron Demon Forge (of the soon to be released Amazon tv series Underwater Empire) and Weld Like A Girl team up to help you move metal in amazing ways! During this full-day workshop, you will use a forge, oxy-fuel torch, plasma cutter (PAC) and GMAW (MIG) welding to create flowing, free-form shapes like that of moving kelp beds and other underwater wonders. Register soon… this class is limited to 12 participants and is expected to fill up fast!
You will start with a general drawing (like this)then add your own touch (fish, sea creatures, whatever). We will help you develop an amazing piece of art sculpture to take home.
(If you would rather stick to a desert theme, you can make an ocotillo cactus.)
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting, oxy-acetylene cutting (OFC), blacksmithing (with a propane forge) and GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered.
- A catered lunch is included.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to receive a military/1st responder discount code.
Bookings are closed for this event.