Date(s) - 06/05/2021
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
(old location) Weld Like A Girl
uhmagosh… Is there a cooler way to use scrap metal than to follow the wisdom of quilters around the world? No scrap left behind… we will weld together bits of scrap sheet metal previously cut with a plasma cutter to form a crazy quilt. Go home happy, knowing you have used your imagination and (metal) fabric to thier fullest potential.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and GMAW (MIG welding). Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of no more than 10 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- This class is co-ed.
- Children are permitted to register; so far, we have taught kids as young as 5 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes/boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered. T-shirts or tank tops are fine as you will be wearing a welding jacket on top.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.
Bookings are closed for this event.