Date(s) - 12/31/2022 - 01/01/2023
8:30 pm - 12:30 am
Weld Like A Girl™️ - new location!
What better way to ring in the new year and pound out the old than to work with hot steel, a forge, hammer and anvil? This jam session involves blacksmithing and welding techniques to relieve stress and create a fun project of your choice. (Several ideas will be presented but you can also create your own design.)
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and GMAW (MIG welding). Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- Due to the historical craziness of NYE, this class will be limited to 8 participants.
- This class is co-ed.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- As with other classes, children are permitted to register; however, this event will go very late. So far, we have taught kids as young as 5 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered (no shorts or capris). Long-sleeved cotton t-shirts or cotton sweatshirts are recommended as it might be chilly.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided. [FYI: If you BYO, no corks can pop until arcs have stopped and gear is stowed.)
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.
*Note: Due to the special nature of this event, cancellations are not refundable.