Date(s) - 09/14/2019
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
Function + Creativity = Metal Pizza
Learn mad introductory fabrication skills while building your own 3.5 lb slice of pizza!
Pizza Aficionados will use (at least) the following tools:
- GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding, aka MIG welding, aka wire welding)
- PAC (Plasma Arc Cutting, aka light saber)
- 14″ chop saw
- 4.5″ variable speed angle grinder
- other tools as needed
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught to use all tools. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- This class is co-ed.
- Children are permitted to register; so far, we have taught kids as young as 6 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely T-shirts or tank tops are fine as you will be wearing a welding jacket on top.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided throughout the day. Naturally, a delicious pizza lunch will be provided, given the nature of our topic.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.