Date(s) - 12/31/2019
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
REGISTRATION NO LONGER AVAILABLE
As the year quickly draws to an end, we don’t want to leave unfinished business… What better way to turn 2019 into a memory than to pound out leftover frustrations (and hot steel) with a hammer and anvil? This jam session involves blacksmithing and welding techniques to create musical notes from horseshoes. Hammer time will wrap up in time to watch the world-famous Lettuce Drop on Main Street in Historic Downtown Yuma.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and GMAW (MIG welding). Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- This class is co-ed.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Children are permitted to register; so far, we have taught kids as young as 6 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered (no shorts or capris). T-shirts or tank tops are fine as you will be wearing a welding jacket on top.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.