Date(s) - 05/03/2020
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
Just in time for Mother’s Day! Moms and kids can work together to create a metal sculpture to cherish for years to come. Way longer lasting than a macaroni necklace and less pasty tasting than paper mache cookies, this project encourages creativity and family bonding. (This is a co-ed class.)
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and in this case GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves, welding helmets and hearing protection.
- ATTIRE: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Water & light refreshments will be available.
Price is $80/mother-child team ($40/person). [Please let us know in advance if you would like to bring an additional child. The cost of a second child is $20; we can invoice you if you would like to pay via credit card or you may bring cash on the day of class.]
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.
Bookings are closed for this event.