Date(s) - 03/29/2019
5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
Come create your own desert life from reclaimed steel. In this workshop you will learn to cut, measure and weld metal to create a lifelike succulent plant that can never die from under/over-watering or too much/too little sun. If you are a part-time resident of the Desert Southwest, you can take a part of Yuma home with you, regardless of your native climate. (P.S. Customs will not have any issues with this genus of plant life.)
Combine this class with Make-A-Minion to have an everlasting succulent plant as “hair” for your favorite little yellow evil do-er. 😊
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and GMAW (MIG welding). Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 10 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- This class is co-ed.
- Children are permitted to register; so far, we have taught kids as young as 6 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.
Cost: $55.00 (includes class materials, safety gear, use of cutting & welding equipment, as well as selection of pots for your plants)
Bookings are closed for this event.