Date(s) - 12/20/2019
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
KIDS CLASS: WELD-BY-NUMBER HOT PLATE/WALL HANGING
You remember color-by-number activity books… Well, here’s a similar concept using steel and welding. A variety of designs are available to “draw” on a piece of steel using the GMAW (a.k.a. MIG, or wire welding) process. After ample practice, each kid will create a decorated hot plate or wall hanging to take home.
Ages 6-18; contact us with questions or potential exceptions.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and in this case GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 10 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves, welding helmets and hearing protection.
- Yes, parents, you may witness the awesomeness… just please be sure to wear closed-toe shoes and long pants. We don’t want you to get burned by any sparks.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals; please be sure feet & ankles are completely covered- no capris)
- Water and light snacks will be provided.