Date(s) - 12/22/2022 - 12/23/2022
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Weld Like A Girl™️ - new location!
Learn crazy cool introductory fabrication skills while building your own burger (complete with fixin’s), handcut fries and steel display plate during this two-day welding/manufacturing camp!
Burger builders will use (at least) the following tools:
- GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding, aka MIG welding, aka wire welding)
- PAC (Plasma Arc Cutting, aka light saber)
- Oxy-acetylene torch with rosebud (for heating/bending)
- Oxy-acetylene cutting torch
- 14″ chop saw
- 4.5″ variable speed angle grinder
- metal shear
- straight-cut tin snips
- other tools as needed
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught to use all tools. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We normally provide a small group setting of usually no more than 8 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- This class is co-ed.
- Kids from ages 8ish to 17 are welcome to register. If you have questions about younger kids, please call us. 🙂
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered. T-shirts or tank tops are fine as you will be wearing a welding jacket on top.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided both days. Naturally, a delicious burger will be provided on DAY 2 to celebrate our accomplishments.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder family and wish to receive the discount code.