Date(s) - 11/17/2019
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
Using a combination of welding and metal bending, participants will create a sculpture of their choice. A variety of examples will be provided for ideas; however, each person is encouraged to use their own imagination. Ideas might include: Welcome sign, pumpkin, boot rack, wine rack. hooks for tack or napkin holder.
* Please note the start time of this class should allow time to complete the City of Yuma’s Turkey Trot. 🙂 Race registration details can be found at: https://4peaksracing.com/events/yuma-turkey-trot-2019/
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and GMAW (MIG welding). Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- This class is co-ed.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Children are permitted to register; so far, we have taught kids as young as 6 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered (no shorts or capris). T-shirts or tank tops are fine as you will be wearing a welding jacket on top.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.