Date(s) - 03/14/2021
1:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
“Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona duit! (LAA ey-lu PAAD-rig SOH-na ghit!)” — Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you! Use the code Sláinte! to receive 10% off this class!! (Don’t worry re the accent… the code works in ‘Merican, too.)
It’s hammer time! Join us for an afternoon of forging hot steel. You will create a lucky 4-leaf clover. Class size is limited so act fast!
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught about forge and welding safety, basic blacksmithing techniques and GMAW (MIG welding). Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting (limited to 8 people) so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- This class is co-ed.
- Children are permitted to register; so far, we have taught kids as young as 5 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- We will be wielding hammers so children must be strong enough to handle a hammer for several minutes at a time with brief breaks between anvil time.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.